companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Steak Salad Italiano

This is not a new recipe. I am still tired from making so many frozen treats last month. That with school and getting the recipes ready for the Low Carb Comfort Food Tasting Fair, I have hardly a moment to spare. I bet life feels like that for lots of us!

This simple recipe is from the August '15 Diner News. It takes advantage of some grilled steak...and it is amazing! So simple, but the flavors are just so perfect. When my sweet hubby takes me out to dinner, I often order a bigger steak than I need just so I can have leftovers for this delicious stuff. And I do mean delicious. Of course, it is just as good to grill your own. That way, you can make even more of these incredible salads!

Steak Salad Italiano

3 oz grilled steak
12-16 grape tomatoes
2 oz mini mozzarella balls
6 leaves of fresh basil
1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
1 tsp minced garlic

Serves 1: 324 calories     6 net g carbs


If you want to fill up even more, by all means add some additional salad greens and a bit more dressing.  This salad is just so incredible with home grown tomatoes and fresh basil from the garden. The flavors are all so outstanding in combo. I just can't say enough about this. You gotta try it.


Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles,  A Table for Two here.  

No comments: